Alcohol Treatment Clinic Springfield MA
We are an outpatient alcohol Treatment Clinic in Springfield MA treating alcohol and drug dependency. An alcohol treatment clinic can be a helpful and therapeutic option for adults who are battling addiction. The following info will explore the options available to you at our outpatient clinic in Springfield MA, as well as the benefits of an alcohol rehab center.
Alcohol addiction is a progressive disease. It’s important to get help before it’s too late. Our alcohol treatment clinics in Massachusetts offer the best chance for recovery from alcohol addiction. Using FDA-approved medication-assisted treatments, we have helped many people recover and find hope again.
Our Springfield, MA Alcohol Treatment Clinic offers a variety of services that are tailored to meet the needs of individuals with all levels of severity in their condition, including those who are either unwilling or unable to enter an inpatient rehab facility but still want help quitting drinking.
Treatment for alcohol use disorder can vary, depending on your needs. Treatment may involve a brief intervention, individual or group counseling, an outpatient program, or a residential inpatient stay. Working to stop the use of alcohol to improve quality of life is the main treatment goal. We are here to help! Contact us now
What is Alcohol Addiction?
Alcoholism or alcohol addiction is a chronic disease characterized by uncontrolled drinking and preoccupation with alcohol. Alcoholism is the inability to control drinking due to both a physical and emotional dependence on alcohol.
Alcohol Addiction Symptoms
Symptoms include a strong need or urge to use alcohol. Those with alcohol use disorder may have problems controlling their drinking, continue to use alcohol even when it causes problems, or have withdrawal symptoms when they rapidly decrease or stop drinking.
Treatment Options for Alcohol Addiction
Treatment involves counseling, such as behavioral therapy, and medications (MAT) that reduce the desire to drink. Some people need medical detoxification to stop drinking safely. Mutual support groups help people stop drinking, manage relapses and cope with necessary lifestyle changes.
- Detox and withdrawal. Treatment may begin with a program of detoxification or detox — withdrawal that’s medically managed — which generally takes two to seven days. You may need to take sedating medications to prevent withdrawal symptoms. Detox is usually done at an inpatient treatment center or a hospital.
- Counseling and therapy for families and individuals help you better understand your problem with alcohol and support recovery from the psychological aspects of alcohol use.
- Oral Medications. At Right Choice, we can provide a variety of comprehensive treatment protocols. Medications such as Vivitrol®, Campral, or Topiramate. Medications combined with effective behavioral therapies will provide the best outcome possibilities for you so you can get back your life save your job, your marriage, and your relationship with your children.
- Injected Medication. Vivitrol, a version of the drug naltrexone, is injected once a month by our health care professionals. Although similar medication can be taken in pill form, the injectable version of the drug may be easier for people recovering from alcohol use disorder to use consistently.
- Support Groups. Aftercare programs and support groups help people recovering from alcohol use disorder to stop drinking, manage relapses and cope with necessary lifestyle changes. This may include medical or psychological care or attending a support group.
Alcohol Addiction Help Springfield MA
If you think you have an alcohol addiction problem, our trained doctors, nurses and clinic staff in Springfield, MA are here to help! We have 9 clinic locations in the state of Massachusetts to serve you, with medicine-assisted treatment options.
If you are ready to seek help for an alcohol use disorder, it’s important to find a treatment center or rehab that specializes in your particular issue. Many times, someone with a substance use issue has a drug and alcohol problem. Right Choice Health Group in Springfield MA can handle both substance abuse issues in a caring manner.
We are a patient-centered comprehensive addiction treatment program. Right Choice Health Group was founded in response to the national opioid and alcohol addiction epidemic. Our judgment-free, patient-friendly centers are located in Springfield, MA, and throughout western and central Massachusetts.
If you or a loved one needs help with alcohol addiction treatment in Massachusetts, contact one of our centers now to get started.